Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- Awesome exterior design. Although the CIVIC is few years old, but with the sloping roof line on the C-pillar, lower ground clearance, LED headlights with DRL and LED taillight combination that stands out of the rest in the night, itâ€™s still able to keep up to the latest sleek, sporty and futuristic design.
- Great engine performance and fuel efficiency. With the Hondaâ€™s Earth Technology 1.5L VTEC Turbocharged engine, it delivers maximum performance with excellent fuel economy. Never worry about fuel consumption anymore! But when your right root if not forgiving, feed that guy behind you with road dust. Haha! Say good bye to tailgate-rs.
- Acceleration is exhilarating on any road. From city driving to highway cruising and up-hill climb. (You know where is it)
- Futuristic digital instrument cluster with a smooth and warm welcome animation on startup. (no doubt, a digital animated instrument cluster really makes you feel like your car stands out among the rest.)
- Handling is not the best one, but one of the BEST on the market. (provided fitted with UHP tires like Michelin PS4, etc.)
- The Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) is a perfect match especially for someone who are fetching elderly or friends/family with motion sickness, because you don't get the "gear-change" feeling during the gear change operation, unlike conventional automatic, the chooky feeling which can triggers their motion-sickness. (Personal experience due to fetching severe motion-sickness friend.)
- Sound system isnâ€™t as good as its competitors, but acceptable.
- 60:40 fold-able rear seats isnâ€™t available.
- No front parking sensors. (Prepare to hit someone anytime during parking for new drivers.)
- Low resolutions reverse camera. But acceptable.
- Bad built quality. (Rattling noises around the dashboard area on the 2nd month of driving it, paints in engine bay is kinda crap and bad molding.)
- NVH can be improved. Under certain circumstances, vibration from engines and uneven roads are sent to the steering in a massive level, which tends to make me a bit uncomfortable with it.
- More insulation is needed for comfort in a long-distance drive, as wind and road noise is very intrusive especially when you driving on uneven road surface or bad road/weather conditions.
- Need to add for driving modes for different driversâ€™ preferences. Currently thereâ€™s only two modes, which is normal and a Eco-mode (ECON). Preferences like SPORT mode can be added into it.
- Steering weight should be adjustable according to different driving modes. Sometimes its kinda heavy when you wanted to turn the wheel while your vehicle is not moving or at a very low speed, its tends to be heavier than its competitors, and its also too light for a sportier driving style.
- Despite being few years old, still look ultra modern and relevant.
- The two arches on the bonnet... makes you feel like you're driving an ultra luxury sedan like the Panamera everytime you see it from the driver's seat and allow great precision driving and cornering.
- Dramatic acceleration, as soon as you are holding the steering wheel with your right foot on the acceleration pedal, you know you can outrun a lot of cars on the road, but you choose not to.
- Reason being it is just so serene and comfortable when you are not driving aggressively.
- Shall you decide to go a little bit more aggressive because somebody is tail-gating you, just lightly tap on the acceleration and feed them with dust.
- Sometimes you forget it's a 1.5 turbo charged engine, because it doesn't feel like one, until you look at your fuel consumption.
- Cruising on highway at 120km/h gives me 20km/l fuel economy, can't really argue with that.
- Town driving from Mont Kiara to Bukit Bintang, vice versa, averages about 13km/l with heavy traffic (working peak hours).
- Screen screen screen! When will automative manufacturer realise having a screen to replace the old needle meter design will capture the driver's heart everytime he/she starts the car!?
- Handling is good, not great, but good.
- I personally find 140km/h the best speed to cruise in the car, fast enough with minimal noise.
- Services from the service center are very good.
- CVT! I mean... it performs and works great, but I don't get the choky feeling as I would if the transmission shifts from gear to gear.
- My fuel pump died... the heck, the car was only 5 months old! However SC got it replaced in 2 days FOC.
- Stock tyres desperately needs to be replaced, will probably go for Michelin PS after 1 year with the stock tyres.
- Sound system sucks.
- Can't fold down rear seat, said to improve the rigidity of the structure of the car, don't really know because haven't driven the latest one which allows folding down.
- No front sensor, lots of guessing.
- NVH can be improved.
- Ambient lighting
- Built quality, broken fuel pump in 5 months totally unacceptable.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: