Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Owned Serena S-Hybrid CKD Premium 2015
2. Plenty of compartment
3. Plenty of drinking bottle compartment
4. Multiple seating configuration
5. All 8 passenger have seat belt
6. Dashboard display informative and easy to read
7. Vehicle Dynamic Control, Brake Assist, ABS, EBD
8. Clear rear view camera although at night without additional lighting
9. Clear LED headlight
10. Nice sport rims design
11. Have spare tyre underneath front passenger
12. Tools nicely kept & secured at rear & easy access
13. The 3rd row seat can be tilted to comfort
14. Nice & clear 10.1 inch roof monitor
15. LCD player compatible with MP4, AVI, MKV, etc to watch movies through USB
16. With 2 power slide door and able to open using remote control. To save battery, can deactivate power door
17. CVT really makes overtaking a breeze
18. Smooth ride without any feel of gear change (infact NO GEAR!)
19. Eco mode on/off can be done manually with a push of a button
20. Auto cruise at any speed. Tried setting the auto cruise at 140 kmh... It works!!!
1. 195/60 tyre.... I plan to change to 205/60
2. Speedometer not accurate as compared to GPS speed (Speedometer 108 kmh; GPS 100 kmh)
3. LED headlight setting a bit low, cannot manually adjust, required computerized adjustment by TCS
4. Fog light not bright enough, consider change to better bulb (H11 perhaps)
5. Only 2 air bags
6. The remote control do not have panic button
7. Acceleration a bit sluggish from standstill,
8. Shud get used with the hi revs due to cvt system.
1. Install more air bags and consider side impact air bags
2. Consider changing the fog light bulb to brighter. Use LED wud be nice
3. Consider using wider tyre of 205/60
- Spacious, and a very comfortable highway cruiser. I cruise on NSE often and the ride is smooth and comfortable for a family of four. Moving from front to rear seats is easy with the middle corridor, even for a tall man like me.
- The sliding doors are fantastic as they come with buttons to press open, in addition to the standard pulling handle. My kids can open the door without hastle and my toddler even knows how to close the door after getting out.
- Luggage carrying is fantastic as it can easily swallow 5 26in luggages without problem, while carrying 5 adults. No issue while travelling as well. Decent storage space everywhere from front to rear. Luggage space is not so good when rear seats are lowered for 8 people. Buying flowers/plants from nurseries no issue as the car is tall and easy loading of goods.
- Fuel consumption is adequate as I'm not buying a hybrid car, as the serena is basically a standard MPV with stop start tech.
- Servicing at Nissan is decent, with many Service Centres to choose.
- Auto-cruise is stuck at maximum 108km/h (as per Japan standards) (2013 model)
- No spare wheel (2013 CBU model)
- Rear boot door is very difficult to open when parked back to back with another car/mpv.
- Parking and maneuvering in shopping mall parking lots is difficult (although its pure skill, my wife can do it easily!)
- Front of car difficult to see and gauge (agak-agak) so easy to rub/hit obstacles.
- Many quality issues based on Nissan Forum discussions (fuel rail (resolved), gearbox juddering between 20 - 30kmh (not resolved as of 9 Feb 2015), third brake light often cracked due to Malaysian weather (warranty replacement required), radiator fan breakdown (warranty replacement required).
- Car is very tall and not easy to clean the top.
- NVH is not so good as roof lining is not insulated, and very large window make vibrations and rain drops loud.
- CBU has auto rear air con controls, CKD has rear manual air con controls.
- Auto cruise maximum speed need to be increased
- Spare wheel made standard for CKD units (CBU owners should be given FOC)
-Bigger space,can fit in 8 adults and more luggage.
-Value for C-seg MPV comparing to Mazda 5,Biante and Toyota Innova
-No Blind Spot while driving with big windows
-Fuel efficiency are acceptable for me ,for this large and heavy MPV
-CBU from Japan
-with regenerative system that doesn't waste the kinetic energy while braking
-idling stop reduce Co2 emission while waiting in traffic light
-Not Underpowered with 2.0 MR20DD XCVT engine
-Basic comes with Vehicle Dynamic Control and Traction Control
-Dual powered sliding door with anti-pinch and one touch open.
-Light Boot,easy to operate
-Keyless entry and smart start
-No Spare Tyre
-Dealer cut off the Bi-Xenon Headlamp to Halogen headlamp,roadvision at night very poor
-Low Ground Clearance,easily to hit the underneath if not notice there's a bump
-Huge windscreen , in weather like malaysia without tinting is hot
-Lots of plastic
-Tyre size with 195/60R16 hard to get a good tyres if owners want to upgrade their tyres for a better ride
- Very spacious, feel luxurious, hence the comfort.
- Internal finishing looks solid.
- Efficient fuel consumption. It clocks around 11km/l for the first 1000 km, and getting better (mainly urban driving).
- Smooth CVT.
- Engine is reasonably powerful. With full load (3 adults and 5 children plus luggages), it can cruise Karak Highway without any under power feeling.
- Very economical and worth the money. You will get a truly BRAND NEW Japanese car with reasonably price.
- The outer shape is somehow looks weird especially from the back view. Not to be everyone's taste.
- Only two front air bags.
- Radio reception is bad due to bad sticker antenna design on the window.
- Handling could be improved, but cannot complaint too much because this is people carrier.
- No spare tyre, but who cares as in practical, how many time we use spare tyre? Alternatively Nissan provide emergency tyre kit if your tyre punctured.
- Full air bag
- Full hybrid.
- Better tyre size as standard.
1) Good petrol consumption: 13~15km/l (urban and highway drive)
2) Convertable, spacious seats for 8. Even the 3rd row can accomodate 3 adults.
3) 100% import from Japan.
4) Very comfortable ride.
5) Power operate sliding doors for both side.
1) Unimpressive outlook.
2) Poor navigation and sound system.
3) No spare tyres.
As for now I'm very happy with this car. My family simply love it. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but it's definitely value for money.
Very good Fuel economy and torque with dual variable valve timing and latest improved CVT transmission. Practical seat configuration, dual air-cond, auto sliding door and easy access into the vehicle, very good view due to large window panel.
Printed antenna reception can be poor at certain area, no spare wheel.
Include DRL (day time running light) and spare wheel as standard, door visor quality can be improve.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: