Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Looking to buy a new Perodua Ativa in Malaysia? Research Perodua Ativa car prices, specs, safety, reviews & ratings at CarBase.my. You can also compare the Perodua Ativa against its rivals in Malaysia.
Finally, the Perodua Ativa has been officially launched in Malaysia. Instead of the customary big event, Perodua unveiled the D55L SUV via a virtual launch this evening, finally confirming the Ativa name in the proc...
Unless you've been living under a rock, you would've known about the biggest launch of the year, the Perodua Ativa. The compact SUV debuted yesterday to much (virtual) fanfare and sets new standards for the national...
With the Perodua Ativa finally launched today, there will definitely be plenty of questions surrounding the national carmaker's new compact SUV. As I'm sure you'll all have known by now, the Ativa is based on the Da...
Perodua's long-awaited compact SUV, the Ativa, is the talk of the town. Based on the attractive Daihatsu Rocky/Toyota Raize and utilising more of its Japanese partner's technology than ever before, the D55L promises...
The biggest, or perhaps the most important car launch of 2021 happens to be yet another SUV, and this time it's from the Perodua camp. That's right, the D55L SUV, believed to be called the Ativa, will be launched in...
Welcome to part three of our deep dive series into the Perodua Ativa (also known as the D55L), where the focus this time is on the transmission that will be used by the compact B-segment SUV.
UPDATE: We've drive...
Perodua's most advanced and refined model to date has an efficient powertrain, funky boxy styling in and out and all the safety you can ask for. Not quite perfect, but the Ativa is a lot of car for the money, and a good car as well.
Life. Never straightforward, is it? Even if yours is as straight as an arrow, the universe will find a way to make it um, more interesting. Cue Covid, which upended the world and its ways.
If you told me in 2019...
We've covered the Perodua Ativa rather extensively on this website, as I'm sure you've noticed by now. It's what we do here at , more so with new national car launches. Regular readers would know we handled the Prot...
- Compact size
- Ample cubby holes
- Decent grunt from the 1.0 turbo engine
- Nice looks and imposing presence despite the smaller footprint vs the other P2 models
- LED headlamps [very bright]
- ASA safety features for a car in this price range is virtually unheard of
- Finally auto-fold mirrors as standard
- Decent fuel efficiency
- Airbag count and passive safety features are a plus point
- Bluetooth connectivity which makes answering calls whilst on the move very convenient
- Decent # of USB charging points in the car
- Aircon is cold and provides reasonable coolness in spite of our humid weather
- Reasonable performance if pedal depressed harder when in need of power to overtake [PWR mode + Manual mode]
- Could do with a mirror for driver's sun visor
- More adjustability for driver's seat would be welcome - I'm struggling to find ample support for my thighs during drives and I'm not a particularly tall person
- No Android Auto/Apple Carplay functionality!
- Smart Link still seems cumbersome to use - not all phones are supported either
- Gear Up Blaze package for full bodykits not to everyone's taste - should consider allowing customers to only select the roof spoiler
- Reverse camera is quite blurry at times and not very clear
- Rear space surprisingly limited and smaller vs the Myvi G3 - back seats may feel too upright
- Omission of Smart Tag reader seems like a missed opportunity as not everyone has RFID
- Noticeable lag when gas pedal is immediately depressed before car picks up speed vs conventional auto
- Slight burning rubber smell is noticeable in the cabin & outside the car especially if driving above 100km/hr
- Please give us Android Auto/Apple Carplay connectivity!
- Noise insulation for doors could be improved
- More colour options is more than welcome
- Please ensure all accessories in Gear Up catalog are ready. I've already received my car for close to 3 weeks and I've not received my luggage tray, net, door visors and vibratile padding.
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: